The 500 Club offers an exciting chance support and improve our facilities for “rugby for all” and to win cash prizes every month.
Monies raised are separated from the main WRFC accounts and do definitely not just ‘disappear’ in the general finances, but provide specific donations targeted to protect and improve club facilities for the benefit of all members and players.
Members of the 500 Club always have the opportunity to suggest & champion future projects and to determine which projects should be supported.
We hope you will support WRFC by joining the 500 Club, and at the same time give yourself a chance to win those prizes!
Simply contact (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org) for the details to set up a Standing Order with your bank, or use a ‘traditional’ SO Mandate form (download and print from here), and return the completed form to WRFC. Paper copies also available in the clubhouse by the Notice Boards (1st floor landing).
500 Club Rules
- The Club will be called ‘WRFC 500 Club’, hereafter referred to as ‘500 Club’ and will be limited to 500 numbers.
- Applications for the ‘500 Club’ will only be accepted from current members of WRFC (social, player, family, life, VP) or otherwise from subscribers to the old ‘200 Club’ at the time of its closure.
- The cost to participants will be £5 per number per month, payments being made by Standing Order on the 1st of each calendar month.
- The purpose of the ‘500 Club’ is to receive funds from participating members and re-distribute these funds between the holders of winning draw numbers and WRFC Club projects. The approximate split will be 50% to prizes, 50% to project funding.
- Participants may hold multiple numbers and may nominate another person as the beneficial holder of a number for which they are making payment. Please note that if the nominated person is under the age of 18 years, then any prizes must be paid to the nominating participant in order to comply with current regulations.
- Numbers will not normally be transferable – on cessation of a member’s participation in the ‘500 Club’, any numbers for which they make payments will be returned to the pool of unallocated numbers. However, under exceptional circumstances a number may be transferred at the Administrator’s discretion.
- All draws will be made mid-month, to include all members who have paid their monthly subscription on the first of that month (but also see 11 below).
- Monthly Draw prizes will consist of, as a minimum, 1 x £100, 1 x £60 and 1 x £30. However, both the number of prizes and their value may, at the organiser’s discretion, be increased from that minimum, as the subscription to the 500 Club may allow and keeping to the target prize /funding split as set out in Rule 4.
- Should the membership of the ‘500 Club’ fall below 100 persons, at the organiser’s discretion the ‘500 Club’ may be wound up. In this situation, any payments received by ‘500 Club’ after the last draw and before the date of cessation of the ‘500 Club’ will be refunded.
- Prizes will be awarded by the random selection of numbers held by eligible participants at the time of the draw and will be paid by cheque.
- All prizes will normally be posted to the winners. For this reason, it is important that subscribers inform the 500 Club Administrator of any change to contact details.
- New subscribers will the allocated number(s) from the pool of unallocated numbers. This will normally be the lowest available number first in an effort to maintain a contiguous range of numbers for each draw.
- For any single monthly draw where more than one prize is available, then ….
- An individual may only win one prize
- Prizes will be drawn in descending value order (i.e. biggest prize first)
- The above rules governing the administration of the ‘500 Club’ may be changed at the organiser’s discretion, giving a minimum of two calendar months’ notice to participants.
WRFC January 2021 E&OE